Google regularly updates the user interface of most of its services. Google News is one of the most used services that people read daily. However, when some changes appear, some users may not like them at first and feel uncomfortable when viewing their favorite stories. So, if you are one of such users, here learn two working methods to get the old Google News layout back to your PC. Moreover, you can also learn how to enable dark mode on Google News for better readability.
Recover old Google News layout
Edit from settings
If you see the new layout in Google News on desktop or PC, follow the steps below to switch back to the old design:
1. Open Google News on any browser on your PC.
2. Now click on the cog icon at the top right.
3. In the menu, select “Settings”.
4. On the next page, uncheck the box next to “Start using the new Google News”.
That’s it. The page reloads or you reload it and you will see the old Google News layout on your PC.
Log out of your account
Google targets random users to test its new features and experiences. So, if you see a new Google News layout on one of your Googles, you should also try switching to another account or just log out to get the old layout back. Here’s how:
1. Open Google News on your PC and click on the profile picture icon in the upper right corner.
2. Now, from the drop-down menu, select “Logout” at the bottom. That’s it. Google will automatically switch your news to the old layout.
If you want to use another Google account for Google, choose “Add another account” and sign in with a new account. Then you will see that Google asks you to try the new look, and until you click on it, you will see the old layout.
Bonus tip: Get the daily Google News briefing on mobile
If you don’t have time to read the news on desktop, you can also get a personalized Google News experience on mobile. You can manage your Google News notifications on your phone so that you only receive articles in your emails and as notifications that are important to you. Here’s how to enable daily Google News briefing alerts on your phone:
1. Open the Google News app on your phone.
2. Tap your photo in the top right.
3. Now select “News Settings”.
4. Next, enable the toggle next to “Daily briefing emails”.
Note that to receive daily email notifications on Google News, you need to sign in to your Google account on the app.
This is how you can recover old Google News layouts on your PC and also receive personalized alerts on your mobile. If you want to stay informed of our latest articles, follow us on social networks!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.