- Section breaks are a formatting tool in
Wordwhich allow you to divide your document into separate sections.
- You can remove a section break in Word by showing the page break icons and then removing them.
In Microsoft Word, you can insert section breaks to divide your document into sections and apply formatting to specific blocks of text. For example, you can have a section with different margin sizes, sections with different headers and footers, etc. Section breaks differ from page breaks, which move content after a page break to the beginning of the next page.
Below you will find step-by-step instructions to remove a section break in Word on Windows and
Here’s how to remove section breaks from your Word document.
How to remove a section break in Word for Windows
- Choose the Home tab if it is not already selected for your document.
- Select Show/Hide ¶ to show section breaks in your document.
Click the area just before the section break you want to delete, then press the Delete key.
How to remove a section break in Word on a Mac
- Click the Home tab.
- Then click Show All Non-Printable Characters (the ¶ button).
Highlight the section break you want to delete by clicking on it, then press the Delete key.
How to Double Space in Microsoft Word on Different Word Processor Versions
How to Use Find and Replace in Microsoft Word to Make Quick Changes to a Document
How to insert a blank page in Word and keep your document formatting intact
How to Add Page Numbers to a Microsoft Word Document Header or Footer on a PC or Mac